Applications for participation can be submitted by e-mail and should include the following:
- Application Form (see below/ attached).
- The applicant’s CV.
- A copy of the applicant's latest university certificate.
After receiving the notification of acceptance, an application will be considered completed once the payment of the hospitability package has been made (Deadline (extended): 15 July 2016) (See Hospitability package below).
Participation is limited to a maximum of 25 students and is subject to a selection process. The participants are selected by a commission of academic and scientific experts from the Consortium institutions.
The selection criteria will include:
- Education in fields related to agricultural economics and policy.
- Previous experience and knowledge in the agro-economics and policy field.
- Geographic balance.
- Gender balance.
- Postgraduate students (Masters or PhD students).
- Young researchers with an educational background in economics, management, marketing or other social sciences disciplines applied to agriculture.
- Young professionals from governmental institutions, regional organizations related to agriculture (ministries, authorities and agencies) who need a refresher course in scientific working.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bachelor Degree in fields related to agricultural economics and policy.
- Acquire an understanding of the tools and procedures of policy evaluation in an agricultural context, including issues of stakeholder involvement, welfare estimation and statistical and qualitative analysis.
- Study at the leading Romanian higher education institution in agronomic sciences, USAMV Bucharest.
- Have the chance to earn 5 ECTS points as a result of participating in this Summer School.
- Learn from our international lecturers coming from leading research institutions.
- Gain international and intercultural experience.
- Improve your English language skills.
- Complement your theoretical notions by means of a field trip which brings to the group perspectives outside the seminar room.
- Experience the vibrant atmosphere of Bucharest and its surroundings during our social/ cultural programme.
- Have the chance to meet other young international researchers in agricultural economics.
The Summer School programme offers a combination of lectures, workshops and social/ cultural activities. During the training, participants will attend courses delivered by high-level guest lecturers from the academia, as well as experts and practitioners from leading research institutions.