Applications for participation can be submitted by e-mail and should include the following:
- Application Form (see below/ attached).
- The applicant’s CV.
- A copy of the applicant's latest university certificate.
Participation is limited to a maximum of 25 students and is subject to a selection process. The participants are selected by a commission of academic and scientific experts from the Consortium institutions.
The selection criteria will include:
- Education in fields related to agricultural economics and policy.
- Previous experience and knowledge in the agro-economics and policy field.
- Geographic balance.
- Gender balance.
- Postgraduate students (Masters or PhD students).
- Young researchers with an educational background in economics, management, marketing or other social sciences disciplines applied to agriculture.
- Young professionals from governmental institutions, regional organizations related to agriculture (ministries, authorities and agencies) who need a refresher course in scientific working.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bachelor Degree in fields related to agricultural economics and policy.
- Acquire an understanding of the tools and procedures of policy evaluation in an agricultural context, including issues of stakeholder involvement, welfare estimation and statistical and qualitative analysis.
- Study at the leading Romanian higher education institution in agronomic sciences, USAMV Bucharest.
- Have the chance to earn 5 ECTS points as a result of participating in this Summer School.
- Learn from our international lecturers coming from leading research institutions.
- Gain international and intercultural experience.
- Improve your English language skills.
- Complement your theoretical notions by means of a field trip which brings to the group perspectives outside the seminar room.
- Experience the vibrant atmosphere of Bucharest and its surroundings during our social/ cultural programme.
- Have the chance to meet other young international researchers in agricultural economics.
The Summer School programme offers a combination of lectures, workshops and social/ cultural activities. During the training, participants will attend courses delivered by high-level guest lecturers from the academia, as well as experts and practitioners from leading research institutions.